At Aveda, our belief in the pursuit of environmental sustainability guides every decision we make. We find inspiration in nature and believe that nature should not only be cherished and protected, but should also be emulated as a model of sustainability. We believe that profit and environmental responsibility can work together harmoniously and that “nature works” for both sustainability and the bottom-line.
- Earth and Community Care Report: In 1989, we were the first privately held company to sign the CERES Principles (Coalition for Environmentally Responsible Economies). Today, we continue to strive to improve our practices and commit to publicly sharing our results.
- Responsible Packaging: We are proud to have been the first beauty company using 100% post-consumer recycled PET. Now more than 85% of our skin care and hair care styling PET bottles and jars contain 100% post-consumer recycled materials.
- Packaging with Plastics Derived from Plants: We are the first prestige beauty company to combine PCR and bioplastics in a plastic tube.
- Aveda Cares: Over the past decade, we’ve partnered with nonprofit organizations whose work supports our commitment to social and environmental improvement.
- Renewable Energy: Aveda supports the development of renewable wind energy to help offset our carbon footprint over time. We are proud to be the first beauty company manufacturing products with 100% certified wind power in our primary facility
- Aveda and the Yawanawa: The yawanawa people—growers of the beautiful, red-orange Brazilian urukum seeds—work as a community toward growth and renewal with support from Aveda.
At Aveda, our goal is to ensure our products will deliver exceptional performance to our guests, while we deliver on our continued promise of environmental and social responsibility. We work hard to ensure that ecological and cultural diversity is represented by responsibly sourcing key ingredients from habitats all over the world. To Aveda, continued progress and improvement in the number of green ingredients we use in our products is an essential part of honoring our commitment to care for the world we live in.