“The Chakra system is the symbolic presentation of energies which exist in the body influenced by the subconscious mind. Yoga and meditation help you awaken those energies for the most balanced state of the body, mind, and soul.”—Drs. Upadhyay, Maharshi Bhardwaj Clinic & Research Centre, India
The 7 Chakras
At Aveda, we draw on Ayurveda, a 5,000-year-old healing tradition from India, that helps us balance our chakras—7 spinning wheels of energy that affect our health, well-being, and beauty.
- Chakra 1 is the center where we ground ourselves and fulfill our basic needs. When the root chakra is balanced, one has good energy and a feeling of security and physical awareness.
- Chakra 2 is the center of vitality and sensation where we move beyond our basic needs into relationships with others. When the pleasure chakra is balanced, one has stable energy, alertness, unblocked emotions, and is connected to all five senses.
- Chakra 3 is the center of motivation where we set our intentions and desires. When the power chakra is balanced, one achieves goals and feels self-confident and motivated.
- Chakra 4 is the center of sympathy, empathy, and love. When the heart chakra is balanced, one feels love and connection to self and others.
- Chakra 5 is the center of creativity, self-expression, and communication. When the throat chakra is balanced, one has inner trust, inner reliance, and easily expresses thoughts and ideas.
- Chakra 6 is the center of intuition, imagination, and balance. When the intuition chakra is balanced, one feels intuitive, self-connected, and mentally fit.
- Chakra 7 is the center of connecting to something greater than oneself and expressing wisdom and enlightenment. When the crown chakra is balanced, one feels strong, unclouded, and joyful.
Find Your Zen with Mr. Chakra
Mr. Chakra is your guide to the chakra system. He’s here to teach you about chakras, related wellness rituals, and chakra-balancing aromas that will help you discover the beauty of a balanced life. Visit Aveda’s misterchakra.com and take a guided sensory journey to find your Zen.